Newness.

There is something mildly electric about a new thing.  There's a hum, an energy that is somewhat hard to explain.  It is invisible, yet palpable. An excitement that is both unsure and at the same time very real.  Some are constantly seeking it out, that sense of newness.  It becomes an undeniable craving, the experience of discovery, to have dull senses awoken, to learn or see or do something memorable, life affirming and worthwhile.

Don't get me wrong, routine and logic are important.  But one lesson I've learned from the natural world, it's important to mix up the routine a bit.  From the fundamentals of genetics, to the array of stars and how they are formed, creation is both structured...and wild.

Lately my mind is abuzz with newness.  I am curious, cautious and somewhat captured by the things I have yet to know, people I have yet to meet, lands, tastes and cultures I have yet to be introduced to.  I love the mystery of it all.  Allons-y. 

Comments

Popular Posts