Peace of mind.

Seems I write almost every day now.  I find it terribly curious.  I used to have this same practice about ten years ago when I worked for such-and-so place.  There were lots of people I knew there, grew up with even, and the break room was constantly filled with riotous noise. Endless jabber about this or that or who or why or whatever.  Sometimes I enjoyed having a laugh, playing cards etc., but I also would write every single day.  I used it as a rabbit hole, to mentally escape.  The way I'm wired, even the most lively conversation could drain me after a while, and I'd need a moment or two to recharge.  My quiet zone energy eventually attracted a watercolor/colored pencil artist (who later became my mentor), a potter, a very good cook and bookworm, who is still a great friend to this day.

I am thankful to be writing again. Every day when life topples my bricks over, writing helps me put them back in place, one at a time. 


Comments

Popular Posts