Thankful

A quiet Friday is a welcome respite from a busy and complicated week. This morning’s doctors visit yielded positive news, looks like soon I’ll be able to get back to “normal” life, whatever that means. There are still enough bats in my belfry to make Bruce Wayne jealous, (note: bats in the belfry is a colloquialism from the early 1900s referring to the person being eccentric or perhaps a bit crazy), but at least this old building is more structurally sound.

This experience has definitely helped me meditate on how deeply thankful I am for my family. I know for sure that at the very least emotionally, through everything, I would not have been able to maintain. It’s a fact. I also realized I have some really dope friends. One friend brought me tomatoes from her garden, others sent me funny memes and Snaps. Others just prayed for me or sent a kind word. To be so poor monetarily, I feel so rich...and loved.

August is just around the corner, and I am nearing another 365 days around the sun. It feels kinda odd in a way, but I’m grateful. I’m still solo, still thicker than a bowl of cold grits, still no stamps in my passport. But the nice thing about those seeming minuses, they can all be changed. Things in the natural world are constantly changing, growing, eroding, shifting and being made new. So can I.

Comments

Popular Posts