Rare bird



Another rainy evening, another night perched in front of a keyboard. The sounds of reality television hover in the other room while the sounds of rain come down to my right, so that’s what I’m trying to zone in on. Seems lately the universe is making requests of me that I am unable or unwilling to answer yet.  Currently unemployed (and surprisingly happy about it), the universe thinks I should be ready to get back to work already. I’m not ready, honestly, though eventually I will have to be. The thought alone is heavy, like smoke laden air, suffocating my joy and my thoughts.

Another fun suggestion that the universe has had of late is that of travel. For the last few days it seems like so many are speaking on these passport goals they have for me and how there are so many “nice guys” that are waiting for me elsewhere.  I have these mental images of me coming down an airport escalator (hair blowing of course) and handsome gents will be there at the bottom, arms full of roses and chocolates, toothsome smiles of every shade just waiting...for the hot blonde behind me lol.  Honestly, as much as I love the idea of travel, I don’t want my motivation to be romantically motivated. Besides, I know, well I feel that I’m an odd bird. I mentioned this to a good friend I ran into today, and he replied “Yes, the bird seems odd to most people, only because it’s one of the most rare and beautiful of all.”  Well, perhaps proverbially I’m afraid to fly.

Comments

Popular Posts