Thursday thoughts over tea and a scone...

I am sitting in my favorite coffee shop today; I could not possibly be more content. Okay well, these metal industrial style chairs are not that comfortable, but other than that, I am in my happy place. The raucous group that’s been in here the last few Thursdays I’ve stopped by is gone baby gone, and it is so relaxed in here you can even hear the indie music playing low in the background. The energy in here is decidedly female, all the ladies are plugged into their devices, studying hard and caffeinating.

After observing a brother and sister on tv, coaching contestants on better dance form, Mom and I remarked on how well they worked together. I, over thinker that I am, attributed this to balance. I’m fascinated by it. I love seeing opposite energies compliment each other in such a perfect way that they  both benefit. I readily appreciate when I am balanced by someone as well. It’s glorious, better than everything, and surprisingly rare. For me, a friendship or a relationship feels balanced when there’s almost a telepathy with a person, an unspoken understanding that doesn’t even need to be verbalized. In some cases, we’ll even speak our own language; a series of quotes and experiences we share that is not in common with the general populace. It’s so dope to sometimes have a conversation within a conversation.  I live for those connections that are like breathing, ones that flow naturally and without laborious effort.

It’s beyond difficult when those fantastic connections dissolve, fray, collapse or fade; even worse when they’re deliberately broken. It’s hard not to feel confused or abandoned when that happens, but it’s all good. I’m learning...people are with you for a season or a reason, so cherish the balance while it’s there...

Comments

Popular Posts