Writing Again...

I sit here on a crisp afternoon, planted in my new old office, typing away with chipped nail polish and unruly hair; apparently my teenage self decided to manifest today.  I am supposed to be working on a website right now, but that rebellious teen spirit persuaded me to write instead.

Its been a while since I've written anything.  Its been a tough couple of weeks honestly.  Waves of emotions can leave one feeling waterlogged and soggy, even though inspiration is everywhere; the leaves day by day are being painted vibrant hues of crimson, saffron and aubergine.  I loose myself often in Horace Silver and Nat King Cole tunes, as this time of year goes very well with Jazz.  I hope one day that my love for this music in particular, can be shared with the one I love.  For me, its the perfect soundtrack; Jazz encaptures the highs and lows of the heart better than any other music art form.  I think that the next time I start getting to know someone, I'll just hand them a CD of tunes that I feel express and explain me the best...hopefully they still have a CD player.


Comments

Popular Posts