Friday Evening (thoughts in a waiting area surrounded by loud people)

Legit trying to breathe.

I'm sitting, waiting for chicken lo mein at one of my favourite local joints and "the wave" is crashing on me; I'm not sure why. It's probably a combination of fatigue and nerves, too many static like sounds flooding my ears, the off kilter energies of standing and impatient customers and the cold and cloudy weather waiting to devour me outside. I am concerned about my family (many are recovering from one thing or another), and my inner dialogue condemns me constantly for being not good enough for anyone because I look like Mrs. Potato Head. This is less than fun.
However,
Writing this out helps.
It's better to download my thoughts than allow them free reign inside.

One day, all of this will be in my rear view, and I will have so many good times with people I love, eating good food and listening to good music; bathed in the warm light of love.
Can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts