[7x5] confession #2

I have officially lost touch with pop culture (sigh). I am now one of those folks who has to Google half (okay more than half) the artists on any given awards show. In one sense this grieves me because at one time, I knew all the hottest songs, could execute dance moves from videos with fluidity and precision and I was nearly fluent in urban slang. Nowadays, I am admittedly lost in translation. It's all good though, over the years I feel good that I like a lot of different styles of music now; there's been growth. I search digital crates for lesser known tracks that speak to my spirit, and watch late shows to find new songs that remind me of artists I already love. I never thought my relationship with music would change, but it is, and has, and will... because I am changing too.

Comments

Popular Posts