Miles Saves Lives (Monday Kind of Blue)

Here I am, on the edge again, on that precipice again, pressed close to the high edge of my version of sanity; trying hard not to dive down into the depths of the unknown.  I have retreated deep into my eclectic Jazz playlist, in efforts to let Miles' horn coax me back on solid ground...

At times I feel my senses assaulted daily with various wave forms; artificial light, sound or more specifically noise, information in varying degrees, noxious fumes from unseen pollution.  There are queries that need answers, problems that require solutions, conflicts that need resolving and energies that need balancing; it can be overwhelming at times, even though I feel compelled to help in every way I can.  Silently, my spirit longs to rest.  You would think that since I'm not in the traditional 9 to 5 format that I should be living my best life, cruising easy street, but I assure you that's far from the case.  I am ashamed in a sense, as it leads me to believe these waves are much deeper than I once thought.

I straightened the desk a couple times already since I sat down here, somehow that makes things a little better, one thing I can (if only momentarily) control. 

Miles' version of Summertime is now trying to convince me things will be better once the weather gets warmer, as background flutes promise beautiful flowers over a slow bop.  I suppose I'll hear them out...


Comments

Popular Posts