Thoughts on Love.

Lately I’ve been getting a better idea of what love actually is, and I don’t mean that mushy, sugar coated love often portrayed in romantic comedies. Love is a dimensional thing, it’s expansive. It isn’t hampered by time, or distance. Real love isn’t based solely on things you can see with physical eyes, it’s way deeper than that. Real love is, I understand you, I am making an effort to understand you and your point of view, even if it differs from mine. Love says, you are multi-faceted, and within those facets I bet there’s at least one that I can relate to. Love is, I don’t know you, but I am moved to help you, simply because you are in need. Love is, I respect you and your boundaries, I honor you, I admire you, flaws and all.  Love is forgiveness, a letting go, even if it’s undeserved. Love is, I still see the beauty in you, even on the ugliest days. Love is, I know we don’t have DNA in common, but I’m gonna treat you like my brother, or sister, or another close relative. Love is, if I see something, I’m gonna say something; I will protect you, especially when you’re most vulnerable. Love is, I am genuinely happy for your success, big or small, because if you win, we all win. Love is, I am here for you, no matter what, never feel like you are alone in your life journey; I will listen if you need to talk. Love is honest, it’s kind, it’s discipline too; I love you enough to warn you when you’re going the wrong way with the wrong crowd. Love is also, I am at peace with myself; I’m not perfect but I’m okay with me; and I don’t need to tear anyone else down to help me feel better. Love is the Creator’s signature on the masterful works of art we are, and it’s one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Use the force.

Comments

Popular Posts