Tuesday Truths-day

I find myself in a reflective mood this evening, not sure if its because I'm tired, or because of the rain, or some odd combination of both.  After several days of grilled chicken and shrimp and copious amounts of leafy green veggies, I caved this afternoon to a ginormous piece of Italian wedding cake, replete with sweet summer strawberries and fresh whipped cream.  I regret nothing.  Tomorrow I'll get back on my self-imposed regimen.  I really just want to provide my body with better food options, so it will be nicer to me lol.  Even if it doesn't manifest on the outside right away, I'll be good and healthy inside, and that's pretty boss.

The last couple of weeks have been super busy due to increased volunteering and social activities.  We helped with flood relief last week, and for the next two weeks we'll be helping feed training classes for those who have dedicated a year or more towards volunteering and ministry; its pretty exciting.  I love seeing the happy faces of people who've been working hard, and then they get to enjoy a delicious meal; it's very fulfilling, even though I'm pretty knackered by the end of the day.

Trying to maneuver the wonderful world of Feelings can be somewhat tricky at times, especially trying to understand an individuals purpose in your life journey, what they're supposed to teach you.  Learning to distinguish the way a person cares for you can be a trip (am I a friend? a potential boo thang?  a snack? a home girl?!).  You can find yourself subconsciously dedicated to someone, simply because you don't want to be left out of the love experience, and I think that's wrong.  Deep down, I know what I am (a creative, spiritually minded introvert with a passion for life), but I've been trying to mesh my energies with someone who vibes quite differently than I do, and I feel like they're doing the same.  Aesthetically, we "match", we work well together(ish), and fundamentally I care about them and want them to succeed.  But they remain emotionally elusive, while I am ever evolving in my quest for balanced vulnerability.  Besides, I think they like girls with big bums, and I haven't got one lol.  It's hard to dissolve the possibility of something though, especially if you believe opportunities are limited at best, especially for a soul of my dimensions.  I guess it comes down to my trust in the Creator, that He knows way better than I do what I need, and to not doubt His ability to align me with someone more right for me or to align me with a content heart and a full life so I'm not lacking anything; you know, like that lady from Under the Tuscan Sun. 

I better get back to working on my actual assignment...ciao for now.

Comments

Popular Posts