Crazy? Nah...



It's interesting, the dictionary defines the word "crazy" as something being full of cracks or flaws; unsound, insane, impractical, erratic and/or obsessed.  By that definition, isn't everybody crazy?  Who of us hasn't admitted to being imperfect?  Who hasn't made an "unsound" decision (especially after alcoholic consumption)?  I know several girls who have spied an amazing can't live without pair of shoes, totally obsessed over them, promptly purchased and have since hardly worn them twice.  Crazy, right?  And yet all these forms of lunacy are acceptable and even encouraged aka Black Friday.  Antics the style of say, the Joker from Batman, not so acceptable.  But I venture to argue: is one type of crazy really that much more normal than the other?  Case in point, just because a chicken was raised free range, battered with organic buttermilk and imported spices, dredged with gluten-free flour and cooked in a vegetable/olive oil blend, does not make it a health food.  No my friend, it is still fried chicken.  It is what it is.  The only time we have to worry about it is when it stays in the fryer too long.  Sometimes I wonder if my being is...a little overcooked, as numb becomes the new normal, and flailing arms grow weary from trying to escape.  Is insanity the peaceful state of existence they say?  I fear I may soon find out.


Comments

Popular Posts