Art show jitters

Thoughts and worries flooding my head again; anxious anticipations about the upcoming week. My second ever art show is around the corner and I am admittedly nervous. This time around we're having entertainment and high class refreshments. This time around I think we'll have more guests. This time around I had the sound advice of fellow artists to guide my work and presentation.
In truth I just hope everything goes smoothly. I'll try to inflate my hole riddled confidence, patching it up with positive words and encouragement from my folks; but its hard not to feel like you have to meet up to some invisible unattainable standard of what to be. After nearly 3 decades you would think I'd have it all figured out. But then again this is me we're talking about. Guess I better make like a proton and stay positive. The greatest art is the art of living.

Comments

Popular Posts