Some Things

There are some things in this life you cannot change
Cannot destroy by unholy hands
You cannot assign the pathway to a destiny
Or measure out the granules of falling time sands
There are some things in this life you cannot explain
Like the color of a sunset, or the petrichor of rain
The effect of red wine or the scent of jasmine blossoms or the fine line distinguishing ones genius and insanity
Yet you try to examine me
Your missiles seek to damage me
To measure in earthly increments
The things from other galaxies
But I'm no one dimensional or living mediocrity
I strive past this reality to infinite possibilities
There are some things in this life you cannot understand
Like the joy that projects like sun rays through the fog
Like redwoods after storms that stand tall, thick and strong
Like the smile that I wear like a cloak
To mask all the scars from the words that you spoke; but it is not for me to judge
My weapons of mass destruction
Are peace, truth and love
And this I'm afraid you cannot change

Comments

Popular Posts