i am an artist.

My mind is humming today; trying very hard to convert hearts and sprinkles into functioning 1's and 0's.  I wonder sometimes if i were not tasked to participate in the mundane nature of reality, what I might actually be inclined to do.

Recently I took an HBDI assessment test and found out (big surprise) that I am pretty much a creative person, through and through.  HBDI goes according to a whole brain model, sectioning it into quadrants that highlight specific thinking styles, and boy did I score high on the metaphoric, conceptual, expressive side of things.  Oddly enough, it also highlighted that I'm more of a right brained dominant thinker, like many of my favorite left-handed folks.  How interesting and reaffirming that is; valid proof that I am different and it is not a bad thing.

The truth is, people like me fare well in things like the Arts, Teaching, Writing and Psychology.  Apparently, I am in the wrong (work) field.  Some days I feel it more than others, the grind of conformity against my natural inclination to be free.  But free doesn't keep the lights on, unfortunately. So, converting a few sprinkles into data might not be life affirming, but perhaps once I get the necessary things done, I can just...be me...totally.

Comments

Popular Posts