To Snow White: advice on apples

Old lady in the forest
Must thought I was hungry
Come offering me an apple
All shiny and red
She seemed nice enough
Though quite anxious for me to eat it
I chose to have a granola bar instead

She had on good authority
I was the fairest in the kingdom
I don't know about all that
She seemed quite convinced
She said this here apple
Gonna make me so pretty
I'd even catch the eye of a prince

I told her no, thank you
And kept on a walking
Tell you the truth, that apple didn't smell right to me
Heard she got someone else
To take a bite of that apple
And the poor thing fell right on asleep

So if you see an old lady
Hanging round in the forest
Handing out apples
And promises too
I'd politely decline
And keep on a walking
I'll save a granola bar for you

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts