Tuesday evening (thoughts over ramen near sundown)

I am in the process of unfurling I think. My soul has insisted upon it. Honestly, I didn’t understand just how tightly wound I had become over the years, like an armadillo under attack. These days are states of a sort of transitional growth, so I decided I’m growing into a pumpkin. I observe the long summer days from our large dining room window, where the delicate white butterflies of the day give way to the fireflies and cicadas of the evening. I go back and forth to the doctor(s), take my medicine(s) and rest.

I can’t speak on what will happen next week, I just barely have words on tomorrow, sketches really. So, I’ll take lesson from the ancient prophet. “The journey is too much for you” the angel said to him, and so he rested, took in nourishment, was recharged and given another assignment. Works for me.


Comments

Popular Posts