Chicken Pot Pie

On this chilly November afternoon, I sit in my new old office, listening to instrumental hip-hop and watching the sun set.  The sky is painted in alternating shades of golden orange and purplish blue; another beautiful work by The Artist.  It seems sadly that Autumn warmth wasn't in the mood to socialize this year, and has hence made room for a premature winter.  It even had the nerve to snow for about fifteen minutes this morning, so beautifully irritating.

My grandparents have been staying with us the past few days.  Their heater went out and its been way too cold to try to tough it out with space heaters and an oven.  I'm happy they're here, honestly.  Usually they're pretty busy helping others in the congregation, checking on family, etc; but since they've been with us, they've had a chance to rest...and eat.  I've always enjoyed cooking, and we've had the stove going every day; chicken pot pie, stroganoff (made with healthier ground turkey), and creamed chicken over mashed potatoes.  We've also had dessert every night as well and now the house smells like peanut butter cookies.  I get to hear stories of the old days and insights on current events, and all the running around doing chores has loosened my waistline, even with all the rich food.  I recon this is how things should be.  Compared to the other things on my mind, this is a welcome mental respite.  Ciao.

Comments

Popular Posts