Miles away...

Some songs, some music is too beautiful not to share. On this chilly and sleepless morning I find myself throughly immersed in Abusey Junction from the Kokoroko-We Out Here album. The  syncopated rhythms and ethereal harmonies take me far beyond my restless thoughts to a place full of warmth and vibrant color. I am seemingly transported to turquoise seas and saffron hued buildings, waving palms and sand that yields beneath my feet. If only to be there now, a thousand miles away from deadlines, city noise and cold grey skies. I wonder sometimes if I’ll get a chance to see the ocean again, I long for it like tulips long for spring. Last time I saw a shoreline I was super young, and I just remember the overwhelming peace of the sound of the waves. Since my finances are somewhat limited right now, I’ll be content with using music as my passport, though it’s hard to have many worries when you’re 37,000 miles in the sky. Ciao.


Comments

Popular Posts