Frabjous Day

On this chilly December morn, I find myself yet again in a forest of feelings, thick, dense, beautiful and uncertain.

One thing I feel is a certain nervous elation; as a fellow writer/blogger The Eighth Orchid (check out his amazing work at www.theeighthorchid.com) recommended me as a writer for discoveromaha.com. I’ve always admired journalists, now I kinda get to be one. All day my head has been swirling with multiple ideas (six impossible things before breakfast), and all day I’ve been also battling that negative inner voice that says I won’t do a good job. But I don’t care what the inner hater says...I’m gonna go for it.

Recently, someone I once cared deeply for reached out to me on social media. I looked at the request a long while and almost got sentimental. It was around this time five years ago that we started to really connect, though we’d known each other for some time. I can honestly say I appreciated him, his humor, his company. But what unfolded in the weeks and months past that initial joy was a series of painful revelations that ultimately destroyed what was. Now some might reason, all that was so long ago, why don’t you let bygones be bygones and accept the social media request? Maybe you might get some closure, or even an apology...can you really say you’ve forgiven someone if you don’t let them back in your life? My reasoning is, just because an artfully appointed chalice has a sign that invites you to “drink me”, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to take a sip. You may end up even lower than you were before; just ask Alice. No, in order for me to continue slaying (Jabberwockies and negative thoughts), I must move ahead. Period.

Comments

Popular Posts