Nona

I know this may sound odd, but I look forward to being a grandmother. No, I don’t have the privilege of being a mom yet, but I have this idealized idea the kind of grandma I’d be someday. First of all, I wanna be called Nona, not Granny, not Glam-ma, Nona. It’d be easy enough for munchkins to say, and it has a nice ring to it (I think). I want long, soft, silvery hair and cool, funky jewelry. I’d only wear glasses to read, and even they would have bold frames. I’d have flowing kimono wraps and maxi dresses in every color. I wanna be a Nona who has a million recipes, all in my head; and I’d have my little grand babies in the kitchen with me doing little safe jobs like stirring the batter or checking the fruits and veggies for any bad spots. I’d wanna teach them about good food, so naturally I’d have a garden too. I want to pass on wisdoms, things I’d learned over the years. I’d want them to know how deeply they’re loved and they can be positive change agents. I realize though, that to teach them all the good things, I need to be practicing right now. To the grand-hood.

Comments

Popular Posts