Winter blahs...

It’s the heart of December and consequently the heart of winter in my eyes. The thing about winter, it’s not the snow that really bugs me. Granted, I’m not especially a fan of ice, and wind chill can be brutal, but I’ve learned to dress accordingly to deal with it. The thing about winter is the grey. I think snow itself is quite beautiful; its fat flakes falling ever so slowly, shifting with the slightest wind, piling up on tips of evergreens, all in such peaceful quiet. But when the snow melts and mixes with street sludge, revealing withered grass and gnarled tree limbs, all set against a concrete colored sky; that’s what weighs on my spirit. It’s positively uninspiring. So I’m fighting the winter blahs with Cuban inspired playlists, painting color drenched artwork and eating spicy foods. We have an indoor tropical oasis at the botanical gardens, may just have to visit there too. I’m not going down without a fight, not this year; I’m a fighter, and joy is my prize.


Comments

Popular Posts