Friday vibes...

Today is kind of a weird day.  I feel tired, a lil' icky, but mentally clearer.  Last night in spite of a hurricane of feelings and doubts, I prayed, meditated and purposely chose to focus on positive thoughts.  I woke up...thankful, appreciative of so many things and people and moments in my life.  Even despite the tons of glistening snow on the ground, I value seeing the little birds at the window; blue jays and cardinals and woodpeckers and finches just doing their thing.  There are paw prints in the snow from the neighborhood cat, and the clean edges left by the snowblower; life thrives, even in this frozen-ness. 

I also realized today that I need to recognize that in this new juncture of life, I am not able to just go and go as I have in times past.  I need time outs, spaces that don't require anything of me than just being.  If I don't, I run the risk of becoming overwhelmed (and that genuinely sucks).  I have to be nicer to me, and that's a complex concept, especially because my love energy tends to focus outward, and often gets converted from love into task energy (aka git 'er done mentality).  I need to just love...and make sure some of that radiates back to myself as well.

I genuinely wish you all the peace in the world...


Comments

Popular Posts