Overwhelmed.

Have you ever been so overwhelmed with emotion that all you can do is sit down? Or lie down? It's debilitating. I feel like I should be doing something but I'm...(re)fried. There is currently an incredible amount of stress and tension due to financial concerns, there are family members that are ill, there are compatriots in varying stages of crisis. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to deal with it at all, but in imitation of my grandmother, I have taken to reading a portion of the Bible every day, and it's working. I have a peace, knowing the Creator is aware of my situation, and that He genuinely cares, and wants to help. Though that knowledge is reassuring, my inner person is still immobilized by anxiety. While on the outside, it seems like I should be fine, inside I'm really not...

I strongly dislike panic mode. Solutions are more readily found with calm, logical thinking. Taking a moment to breathe and allow the Creator to direct your path is much more effective than flailing about wondering "what am I going to do?!"
Panic mode, particularly from others I deeply care about, triggers me something terrible, and I haven't got the courage to say that out loud yet. So I try to absorb their feelings and convert them into stress free solutions or at least some calm vibes to balance out the distraught energies; but then later I'm almost totally depleted... I wish sometimes my friends would understand that I'm not trying to withdraw from them or diss them out, but I'm just really trying to deal with an earthquake, a tsunami and the after clean up, so (please) don't be offended when I'm not able to attend the royal christening of your cat...

I'm not trying to complain all the time (not a big fan of that either), but I just wanna put these bags down for a minute, that's all...ciao

Comments

Popular Posts