Spring Tings

Among the usual chatty birds outside our large dining room window, I spied a robin just chilling in the middle of the yard. Even though the day is cloudy and only threatening to rain, it really made me smile to see him...it’s a telltale sign that spring is actually near. After a long, cold, arduous winter, seeing a little robin is just the bit of boost...and distraction I need.

With the return of spring comes the return of regular social engagements, so I need to practice how to people. Now I have friends who are genuinely legit, full of insight, humor and awesome conversation ; I never mind kicking it with them, because they get me...or at least pretend very well hehe. But for group activities consisting of multiple unknown entities, my poor brain goes into overdrive trying to analyze every possible scenario; how to answer awkward questions, what to wear that is slimming, relevant and age appropriate and talking points that do not involve my vast knowledge of science fiction. Sigh...the struggle is real. Thing is though, I wanna try to people, I really do. Maybe just ease into it...try not to automatically assume that the cool kids won’t like me. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts