Saturday musings...

Late evening rains and rampant insomnia have me plunking away at this keyboard again. I guess I write because I have no other recourse, it’s fundamental...like breathing.

Earlier, I saw this interview/documentary on Ne-Yo, and if he wasn’t already one of my favorite humans, he has solidified his spot in the top ten. Intelligent, creative, funny and progressive; impeccably dressed, notices the details and full of heart. He’s a self admitted nerd, an excellent writer and a lefty to boot...he is my people. Seeing him gives me faith, that there are others out there who think outside the box, and I must continue to seek them out; the scattered members of my tribe.

After such an ugly winter, spring is seemingly celebrating; branches are laden down with buds and colorful blossoms, the earth explodes in electric shades of green. When I try to speak on all the beauty to others, some people get it but they don’t dwell there, they go back to talking about what’s on the news or what’s going on at work etc.. Sometimes I wish I could open their eyes for a moment so they could breathe and de-stress instead of distress. There are few things more calming than observing the natural world; the sounds, the textures, the colors are healing on every level.

Part of me wants to start (another) blog and challenge myself to write legit articles on subjects that matter, perhaps some newspaper would be impressed and hire me for special assignments in beautiful locations like Tahiti or Hawaii. Okay maybe not but still. A girl can dream.





Comments

Popular Posts