Dreamscape... Time Lords and Al Gore

Took an afternoon nap (which I rarely do these days) and had quite an experience of a dream...
First of all, my dreams always seem to feature celebrity appearances, and today's feature was oddly enough Tom Hanks playing Al Gore. But Al Gore was not a politician or an environmental activist...he was a Time Lord. Yes, you read that correctly. How did I discover this? Well, I was at a fancy taqueria on karaoke night with some random sister/friends, and I saw my buddy Pedro with a new, loud friend in a bright red shirt. This "friend" shifted around the room, not quite walking, but more like in electrical shifts. I wanted to ask him about it, but I hesitated (typical me). I didn't have to wait around for the explanation though, because Tom Hanks as Al Gore appeared behind me, lit as if by street light and dressed in an all white driver's uniform, including the hat. He explained Pedro's friend was a "passenger", and that there was room for one more for the ride. He would drop me anywhere in time, all I had to do was observe and record what I saw. Without pause, I left my taco buddies behind and hopped in the brown and white Lincoln Continental outside (you were expecting a TARDIS or a DeLorean? Yeah, well, apparently my subconscious is gangster so...) Tom Gore drove and Pedro's unnamed friend rode shotgun, and we glided onto the highway, then the lights along the road began to blur; orange, white and red streaks, like the view from a starship. The GPS called out years instead of streets. I don't remember specific years where I were dropped off, everything was a series of colors and outfit changes, everything from go-go boots in the 60s to afros to colorful dresses from the 50s, like some sort of montage. After a while though, when I got back to my own time, I began glitching too, and would end up in totally different times and locations on my own, without riding in the Lincoln. I also became entangled and other "passenger" timelines, two people in the same time, sometimes temporarily stuck in the same body. At times it felt like I was living in a kaleidoscope and sometimes I would even seize. When I asked Tom Gore about it, he said the scientists were "working on it". Somehow through time, I was dropped off at the lab where the time travel was being made possible, and I snuck in. I was drawn in by the power source, though I never did find out what it was really, and woke up right in the taqueria with my friends, like I was in the beginning. They told me I dozed off from too many margaritas. I nodded my head and agreed with them, though I felt it was something much more than that. Just then I looked up and saw Pedro's buddy in red. Then I woke up for real lol.
Apparently my poor brain has a flair for the dramatic. moral of the story, if Tom Gore invite you on a ride in his Lincoln Continental, or if you meet someone claims that they are Pedro's friend, maybe just skip it. Just sayin.

Comments

Popular Posts