Sunday (thoughts over a cuppa and a dope playlist)



It's a quiet evening and my spirit is rejoicing.  I'm on my second cuppa chamomile tea and instead of trying to find something on TV, I'm typing away while jamming to the iTunes BEATstrumentals playlist.  I watched the crimson sun sink down into the horizon, and shooed greedy starlings away from the bird feeder.  I know to some that sounds terribly boring, but honestly I enjoy evenings like this, when I get a chance to decompress and express thoughts that have been loitering in my mind too long.

Update on Chess Club: there is no update yet lol, probably because I'm already a charter member of procrastinators anonymous.  It needs to happen though.  I'm extra psyched because my aunt just brought me back a NASA shirt from Texas, so I will be geared up for whenever we nerds do get together.  I've already been talking to a couple people about it, and they seem more excited than me!

I'm figuring out that besides increasing my physical activity, I've gotta get a better sleep schedule or something.  This is the 2nd Sunday in a row that my anxiety flared up; last week I even left the meeting early because my fight or flight kicked in.  I felt so ashamed and embarrassed, I thought sure folks must have been wondering what was up with me.  I ran into a good friend in the foyer when I was leaving, and she could tell something was wrong with me, just not quite what.  She gave me a huge hug while I bawled my eyes out (for no specific reason), and was fully prepared to beat up whoever had hurt my feelings.  Some people have angel's wings and just don't even know it, I think.  Anyway, the same thing almost happened again today, but as I was considering hitting that runaway bride stride, my dear cousin came and sat at the end of my row, and offered a smile so warm that it convinced me to stay the duration.  See, angels.  Mom says getting more sleep will help me avoid rushing in the mornings, so I'll do my best, despite being a certified insomniac.  I even deleted my favorite game from my tablet towards that end; we'll see how it goes.

Also on physical activity, I suppose it's not the best idea to do crunches or sit too long on a hard basement floor (though covered in carpet).  You just may find, as I did, you gain a sore tailbone, and end up walking like a centenarian for over a week.  Not so fun, I assure you.

Thankful for evenings like these.  Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular Posts