The Spider and The Fly




“I just know we’d be best friends!”
Said the spider
To the fly,
“There’s a lot of commonality
Between both you and I,
See we both have
Exoskeletons,
A shiny black and green,
And we both live here among the leaves
Trying hard not to be seen;
I think you should come over
For some biscuits and some tea,
I just know we’d be the best of friends,
Just trust me fly, you’ll see!”
Now the fly did think things over
As she hovered o’er the web
But she couldn’t shake the feeling
All Spider’s other “friends”
Were dead.
She had sucked the life right out of them
Not on purpose, not at first
She was quite a lovely creature
But she’s just a spider first.
Hmm.
The fly declined the offer
As politely as she could
The spider muttered something ‘bout
Intent misunderstood
The moral of the story
If it’s wisdom that you lack
Is to avoid tea time with spiders
Lest you plan to be a snack.



Comments

Popular Posts